Be a #HealthyDawg! Keep yourself and the UGA community healthy!
Follow these simple steps to help prevent the spread of respiratory illness:
- Get a flu shot. The best way to prevent the flu is to be immune to the viruses. If you haven’t gotten a flu shot yet, you should get one!
- Practice good hand hygiene by either washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or by using alcohol-based hand sanitizer which contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, or mouth unless your hands are clean.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands!) when coughing or sneezing, and then throw the tissue in the trash. An uncovered cough or sneeze can project respiratory droplets 3 to 6 feet or more!
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Be open with your travel history or possible exposure to others.