Everyone should have a collection of nutritious, tasty recipes that can be prepared in a pinch. Every Monday during March – National Nutrition Month – we’ll feature one recipe per week that can be prepared in under 15 minutes.Continue reading “National Nutrition Month: 15 Minute Recipes – Spicy Noodle Bowl”
Be a #HealthyDawg! Keep yourself and the UGA community healthy!
Follow these simple steps to help prevent the spread of respiratory illness:
- Get a flu shot. The best way to prevent the flu is to be immune to the viruses. If you haven’t gotten a flu shot yet, you should get one!
- Practice good hand hygiene by either washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or by using alcohol-based hand sanitizer which contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, or mouth unless your hands are clean.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands!) when coughing or sneezing, and then throw the tissue in the trash. An uncovered cough or sneeze can project respiratory droplets 3 to 6 feet or more!
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Be open with your travel history or possible exposure to others.
The new year is a time for self-reflection; we examine what went well in the past year and what needs more work, setting goals for the year ahead. Often these goals are related to diet, weight loss, or exercise habits with an intention to change our physical appearance. But what are other ways we can foster our best selves in the new year? Here are some ideas for non-diet resolutions to bring into 2020.Continue reading “Non-Diet Resolutions”
If you’re a regular visitor to the University Health Center or follow us on social media, you have probably heard about the Nutrition Kitchen located in the Health Promotion department. In the Nutrition Kitchen, we offer nutritious, budget friendly, and hands-on cooking classes for UGA students taught by a registered dietitian nutritionist.Continue reading “What’s Been Cooking in the Nutrition Kitchen?”
Heading to Atlanta to cheer on the Dawgs?
Check out this bucket list created by The Fontaine Center for fun things to do and sights to see while you’re there!Continue reading “UGA vs. Georgia Tech Bucket List”
Spirituality means knowing one’s self, having a sense of purpose in life, feeling connected to others, and achieving one’s full potential.Continue reading “#BeWellUGA and Learn About…Managing Stress: Spirituality”
Budget. Not the most exciting word, but it is key to reducing financial stress.Continue reading “#BeWellUGA and Learn About…Managing Stress: Money”