1. You will get juice and cookies.
2. It’s easy and convenient.
It only takes about an hour to give whole blood, and you can make your donation at an American Red Cross blood donation center or one of many blood drives (including one at the UGA Health Center on February 6, 2019 – sign up using code “UGA”) held at businesses, community centers, schools, or places of worship.
3. It’s something you can spare.
Most people have blood to spare, yet there is still not enough to go around.
4. No one can ask you to do heavy lifting.
As long as you wear your bandage, you’re on reprieve. Wear it as long as you like. It’s a badge of honor!
5. You will walk a little taller afterward.
Most people feel good about themselves knowing they’ve just helped save someone’s life. You will too!
6. You will be helping to ensure that the blood is there when it’s needed.
Most people don’t think they’ll ever need blood, but many do. One whole blood donation can yield up to three blood products: red cells, platelets, and plasma.
7. You will give a gift that costs nothing but lasts a lifetime.
Blood is something money can’t buy. It’s only something that one person can give to another.
8. You will be someone’s hero.
You may give a newborn, a child, a mother or father, a brother, or a sister another chance at life. In fact, you can help save up to three lives with just one donation!
Top 8 Reasons written by the American Red Cross.
The UGA Health Center is hosting its third annual Heart Health Fair on February 6, 2019. An American Red Cross blood drive will be part of the event, from 10am-4pm. Click here to sign up for a time to give! Walk-ins are also welcome.