Be a #HealthyDawg! Keep yourself and the UGA community healthy!
Follow these simple steps to help prevent the spread of respiratory illness:
- Get a flu shot. The best way to prevent the flu is to be immune to the viruses. If you haven’t gotten a flu shot yet, you should get one!
- Practice good hand hygiene by either washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or by using alcohol-based hand sanitizer which contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, or mouth unless your hands are clean.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands!) when coughing or sneezing, and then throw the tissue in the trash. An uncovered cough or sneeze can project respiratory droplets 3 to 6 feet or more!
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Be open with your travel history or possible exposure to others.
Not feeling well?
UGA students: schedule an appointment online with your Primary Care Provider using the UHC Patient Portal at www.uhs.uga.edu or call 706-542-1162. All others, contact your community health care provider.
Experiencing symptoms such as cough, sneezing, sore throat, fever, or respiratory issues?
When you arrive for your appointment at UHC, please take a mask from the dispenser as you enter the front door and place it over your nose and mouth. Thank you for NOT sharing AND caring!