On behalf of the University Health Center, welcome to the Bulldawg Nation! As the campus medical home for the University of Georgia students, we endorse behaviors that support total health: the physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social, and environmental aspects of health.
Here are just a few services we provide to assist your student in becoming a healthy DAWG.
- Discussion of health including health goals, mental wellness, nutrition, sexual health, stress, alcohol and other drugs.
- Wellness checkups and physicals
- Care for acute injuries or illnesses
- Short term individual and group counseling
- Management of chronic illnesses
- Annual flu shots and other routine immunizations
- Coordination of your student’s health care with other healthcare providers
- Referral to outside specialists for specific health needs
- Wellness and prevention classes through BeWell UGA
This time of transition is exciting and sometimes unsettling. Your son or daughter may be navigating the healthcare system for the first time without you. I know what that is like. The Health Center staff is prepared to serve as your student’s medical home away from home.
If there is anything I can do to assist in your student’s healthcare while at UGA, please let me know. Wishing your student a healthy and successful year at UGA.
Jean E. Chin, MD, MBA, FACP, FACHA