So you’ve made it to UGA…Congratulations!
We’re excited to welcome you to the Bulldog family and want to make sure that you have a smooth transition (and that you’re able to register for classes on time!). Here are just a few things to keep in mind…
Turn in required health forms before your orientation date!
All incoming UGA students are required to submit a completed Immunization Form and a TB Screening Form. Here are a few FAQ answers regarding these forms:
- Incoming students will have a hold placed on their accounts which will prevent them from registering for classes until all required forms have been submitted.
- While the UGA Immunization Form is preferred, we will accept another version as long as all required immunizations are recorded on it.
- We prefer that these forms are submitted 30 days prior to registration. But if you miss that deadline, please go ahead and send them in! Don’t wait until your orientation date.
- Read the TB screening form carefully. Not everyone is required to have the TB test. If a test is not indicated by your answers to our questionnaire, all you need to do is sign page 1 and submit it!
- If you are not able to submit your forms before orientation, we’ll be at the check-in station when you arrive. Once you’ve checked in with the Orientation staff, come see us! Just look for the University Health Center banner and a table with computers set up to clear your holds.
Complete AlcoholEdu and Haven by the required dates!
AlcoholEdu and Haven are interactive online modules that all incoming students under the age of 23 must complete. Here are a few notes:
- These courses open on July 17 (DO NOT try to take them before this date.) Part 1 of each course is due August 7. You’ll log in using your UGA MyID and password.
- Part 2 of each course will open 45 days after you complete Parts 1, and will be due October 9.
- If you do not complete these courses, a hold will be placed on your account, and you will not be able to register for spring classes.
- If you’ve taken the courses before, you may be able to transfer your scores. Click here to find out how.
- Got questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us during Orientation!
Just look for the Healthy Dawg hut on Tate’s 3rd floor during the Day 1 Resource Fair. Or, come by our presentation during the Day 2 break-out sessions (9am, 9:40am, or 10:20am in MLC 248)!
We hope you enjoy UGA Orientation and that we get a chance to meet you while you’re here! But even if we miss you there’s plenty of information on our website: www.uhs.uga.edu. You can also reach out to us via email (email@example.com) or one of our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).