Welcome to UGA! We may be biased, but we think you’ve made THE best decision to come to Athens.
We’re excited to have you as part of the Bulldog family and want to make sure that you have a smooth transition (and that you’re able to register for classes on time!). Here are just a few things to keep in mind…
1. Turn in required health forms before your orientation date!
- Incoming students will have a hold placed on their accounts which will prevent them from registering for classes until all required forms have been submitted.
- While the UGA Immunization Form is preferred, we will accept another version as long as all required immunizations are recorded on it.
- We prefer that these forms are submitted 30 days prior to registration. But if you miss that deadline, please go ahead and send them in! Don’t wait until your orientation date.
- Read the TB screening form carefully. Not everyone is required to have the TB test. If a test is not indicated by your answers to our questionnaire, all you need to do is sign page 1 and submit it!
- If you are not able to submit your forms before orientation, we’ll be at the check-in station when you arrive for orientation. Once you’ve checked in with the Orientation staff, come see us! Just look for the University Health Center banner and a table with computers set up to clear your holds.
2. Complete AlcoholEdu and Haven by the required dates!
AlcoholEdu and Haven are interactive online modules that all incoming students under the age of 23 must complete. Here are a few notes:
- These courses open on July 1 (DO NOT try to take them before this date.) Part 1 of each course is due August 6. You’ll log in using your UGA MyID and password.
- Part 2 of each course will open 45 days after you complete Parts 1, and will be due October 8.
- If you do not complete these courses, a hold will be placed on your account, and you will not be able to register for spring classes.
- If you’ve taken the courses before, you may be able to transfer your scores. Click here to find out how.
- Got questions? Email email@example.com.
3. Visit us during Orientation!
Find us at the Day 2 Breakfast on Tate West Lawn, then join us and the UGA Office of Emergency Preparedness for an info session, Safety, Health & Emergency Preparation: 9:00am, 9:40am, or 10:20am in MLC 253!
- Meet some of your University Health Center providers.
- Find out about our many services.
- Grab a few freebies.
- Ask those lingering questions.
- And more!
4. Mark your calendar for the 2018 #HealthyDawg Kickoff!
Visit the University Health Center on August 30 for cool treats, lots of giveaways, and a great opportunity to meet UHC staff and learn about the health and wellness resources available to you on campus.
We hope you enjoy UGA Orientation and that we get a chance to meet you while you’re here! But even if we miss you, there’s plenty of information on our website: www.uhs.uga.edu. You can also reach out to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or one of our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).